Western Union Money Transfer
Western Union has been offering to its customers fast and reliable money transfer service for more than 145 years. Western Union's customers can send and receive* money at more than 515.000 Agent locations in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
Money is available for collection in minutes** after it was sent!
You do not need to have an account opened with UniCredit Bank to be able to receive money with Western Union. UniCredit Bank is a Western Union’s Agent in Serbia. You can collect Western Union money transfers at any UniCredit Bank location in Serbia in just a few minutes** after the transfer is sent to you.
Respecting your time and wishing to offer you the top service quality, UniCredit Bank enables you to:
- Receive money with Western Union at all UniCredit Bank branches
- Receive your money in a fast and efficient way, since UniCredit Bank has equipped all its locations with Western Union Money Transfer software – which means that there is no forms to fill out
One number for all your needs...
*at some locations sending money is not possible, only receiving.
**Funds may be delayed or services unavailable based on certain transaction conditions, including amount sent, destination country, currency availability, regulatory issues, identification requirements, Agent location hours, differences in time zones, or selection of delayed options. Additional Restrictions may apply. See Send form for details.
***costs are determined by your provider
Western Union Money Transfer at UniCredit Bank
- UniCredit Bank, at the moment, enables you only to receive money sent with Western Union. Legal regulation does not allow sending money with Western Union from UniCredit Bank abroad.
- Money sent by Western Union can be collected in UniCredit Bank only in EUR.
- Service of receiving money with Western Union is free of charge for the receiver. All costs of the transfer are paid by the sender*
- Money can be picked up only by the person to whom it was sent to. In order to guarantee reliability of the transfers, no authorizations to third persons are accepted.
*in addition to the transfer fee, Western Union also makes income when perform currency exchange.
What does the sender need to do in order to send you a money with Western Union?
- The sender needs to go to the nearest Western Union agent in the city where he/she is in the moment of sending and fill out „To Send Money“ form
- Sender gives to the Western Union representative the filled out form, together with the money which he&she wants to be sent and a personal identification document. Sender of the money pays transfer fee.
- Western Union representative will insert all the transaction details into the Western Union software.
- The sender will be given a confirmation of transfer with the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN)
- The sender needs to inform the receiver that the transfer has been completed, to give the MTCN and the exact amount sent to the receiver in order to be able to collect the money.
What does the receiver need to do in order to collect the money sent to him/her by Western Union?
- The receiver should go to the nearest UniCredit Bank branch, where he/she tells to bank clerk the MTCN, the expected amount, destination country and name of the sender.
- The receiver also gives his/her valid identification document to the bank clerk.
- The bank clerk will hand the money to the receiver, together with the confirmation of completed transaction.
Which identification documents are valid when performing a Western Union transaction?
- For residents: personal ID, passport, refugee ID
- For non-residents: passport
UniCredit Bank conducts international payment transactions for its clients, domestic and foreign legal entities and individuals, on all bases, and with all countries, worldwide. Highly qualified and experienced staff, use of modern computer and telecommunication technology, widespread correspondent network of banks is the guarantee of quick, efficient and high quality services that UniCredit Bank provides to all its clients in the area of international payment transactions.
In the area of domestic payment transactions, UniCredit Bank offers its clients quick, efficient and high quality banking service of making all types of RSD payments.
The promptness, efficiency and quality of services are based on tradition and achievements of the modern banking business, with permanent monitoring of contemporary international trends, are the foundation of the full trust into UniCredit Bank.
If you wish to receive money from abroad, pension or cash a check in foreign current, we offer you quick, efficient and safe payment services. All you need to have to be able to do this is a foreign exchange account opened with us, in the foreign current in which you would like to receive your money, and to inform the foreign bank or sender about your account details and our Swift Code.